I was recently thinking about the “big ticket” items I have on my list to do before I die. (I guess I am turning 30 soon, so it’s on my mind? More likely, I just hate being bound by a job and want to get out there and accomplish!) So, here are some things I would put on my Bucket List:
- Spend a month or more living in a foreign country. Preferably non-European, since I would like to step outside my travel comfort zone a bit more.
- Be weightless in space; doesn’t have to be for very long. I would also like to look at the Earth from space.
- Publish a relevant paper in a scientific field. This one gets harder to accomplish the more time I spend away from academia, but I still think it’s possible if I put my mind to it.
- Be part of a successful business venture from day 1. Hopefully one I start!
- Give a speech to a large audience (something like 100 or more people).
- Take a road trip across the United States.
- Win a major competition in sports (unlikely) or games (likely, probably Magic).
- Give each of my close friends a “perfect” gift (perfect, meaning perfect for them).
I also have in my head something to do with raising a child, but as it’s not particularly well-defined right now, I’ll keep thinking about how to say it and leave it off for now.