Today is a kind of double blog, although both parts will be shorter so maybe it’s… 1.5 blogs? Anyway, here we go!
I joined in for Amanda’s karaoke birthday party last night, thereby doubling my karaoke for the week. Met a cool lady (Katie), danced along with the tunes, sang some good ones, and general merriment was had! The songs I sang were:
- Jimmy Eat World – Sweetness: This is a nice crowd-pleaser and hence a good starter song for the evening. First time I performed it! (I always sing along though.) Easy melody, right range for me (high-ish).
- Mumford & Sons – Little Lion Man: By request (kinda), a great alternative song that most people know. Haven’t sung it before either, except along with the radio like every morning. Went into the crowd with the wireless mic for this one.
- All-American Rejects – Swing Swing: My voice was shot, it was 1:30am, and all of my friends had left, but dammit, I had a song to sing. The remaining crowd was too kind, I didn’t really hit the highs on this one. Still, one of my favorites from them.
I’m looking for a theme, specifically a grouping-of-seven, to write blogs on for the week I’m gone on the Magic Cruise! (Since I won’t have Internet – just Faceboat – I’ll write them beforehand and time-release them to the public.)
Do you have any ideas? Here are the ones I was mulling over so far:
- Seven Deadly Sins – I’ll talk about each one and how I feel it’s been represented/a challenge in my life.
- Top 7 places I’ve visited
- A specific story, either a memory or a piece of fiction, in 7 parts